From the 1st October the following will apply:
- the adult rate will in by 20 pence to £6.70 per hour
- the rate for 18 to 20 year olds will increase by 17 pence to £5.30 per hour
- the rate for 16 to 17 year olds will increase by 8 pence to £3.87 per hour
- the apprentice rate will increase by 57 pence to £3.30 per hour
- the accommodation offset increases from the current £5.08 to £5.35
This is the largest real-terms increase in the National Minimum Wage since 2007, and more than 1.4 million of Britain’s lowest paid workers are set to benefit.